n Australia-wide survey asked employees what benefits they would most want from their employers.
The following are the top 10 benefits:
- Flexible working
- Discounts on electricity, gas and water
- Continued education options
- Petrol discounts
- Free meals
- Supermarket discounts
- Mental wellness initiatives
- Subsidised massages, yoga, and gym memberships
- Special company deals on loans, mortgages, health insurance
- Discounts on mobile phones and data services
Many of these benefits are difficult to arrange and may be costly. However, the top benefit desired by employees is flexible working, which small businesses can also adopt easily.
Further, due to COVID-19, there are many more resources available to facilitate flexible working and it has become more normalised than ever.
Offering flexible working will make your workplace more attractive to potential employees and increase the loyalty of current employees as they can work according to times that suit them.
Employers should also consider providing other benefits that are accessible to them – this will improve employee satisfaction and inevitably contribute to productivity in the workplace.